Saturday, December 11, 2010

Year in Review - 2010 pt. 1

The year is coming to a close and gaming sites, magazines and shows are getting riled up with game of the year awards. I'll be doing my own post on my pick for favorite game of the year, but I also want to do separate posts on the consoles that I played and what I think they have achieved.

I'll be talking about the Wii, the Nintendo DS and the PS3, but nothing Xbox 360 related , since I haven't laid so much as a finger on a 360 controller this year and nothing PSP related, since I only played 2 games on the PSP this year and they were both 2009 titles.

Since we're about to start the second full week of December, I'm going to do about 1 post a week, starting with the Wii.

I'll mention games I'm considering for my pick of the year as I go along and I'll wrap it up with one final post about that game and why I chose it among everything else I played.

I'd also love my very few readers to offer their thoughts on favorite games of each console as I make the posts. Feel free to talk about PC, 360 and PSP games as well and maybe if enough of a discussion starts up I'll try to work some of those thoughts into my last post of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity, are you going to talk about mutli-platform titles like FFXIII or Force Unleashed II? Though I doubt the latter would be one to consider, I'm not knowledgeable enough about 2010 releases to know. I'm just curious about the possibility of it in your review and comparing the differences in performance, graphics, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to be mentioning quite a few cross-platform games, but not really comparing them between the platforms. First off, I never played the 360 version of any of these games and second off I really don't like it when people say one version is superior because of slight graphical differences. For example, the 360 version of Bayonetta is apparently the better of the two, but I played through on the PS3 and enjoyed the experience just fine, not really noticing any annoying graphical choppiness.

    Although I've heard FFXIII looks way better on the PS3, I'm sure it's an equally abysmal experience on both platforms regardless of graphics. Can you sense my bitterness?

    ReplyDelete